- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) fresh or frozen, thawed cranberries
- 1 cup (250 mL) Lantic/Rogers Coconut Sugar, divided
- 1 tsp (5 mL) orange zest
- 1 1/3 cups (325 mL) whole milk
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla
- Icing sugar
- Ice cream or whipped cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Grease 9-inch (23 cm) ceramic deep-dish pie plate; set aside.
- In saucepan, cook cranberries, 2 tbsp (30 mL) sugar and orange zest over medium-high heat; bring to boil. Cook for about 5 minutes or until softened; let cool slightly. Strain cranberries; discard juices.
- In blender, purée milk, flour, eggs, remaining sugar and vanilla until smooth. Scatter cranberries over bottom of dish. Slowly pour batter over cranberries, letting cranberries rise to the top.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until sides are puffed and golden brown. Dust with icing sugar. Serve warm with dollop of ice cream or whipped cream (if using).
- Tip: Substitute cherries for cranberries in season.